This project was rather forced upon me. I was sent two packets of Karabella Aurora 8 by accident from the US. The shop in question, when advised of the situation, said I could keep the yarn! By the time it was returned and then sent on to somebody else it just wasn’t worth the shipping cost. So there I was, with two rather nice colours to play with. This is the result:
I love the edgings:
Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8
Modifications: I made it longer than given in the pattern, but still wished I’d added a couple more inches.
Thoughts: I wonder if it would be possible to knit this in a drapey yarn or at a loose gauge which would give it more drape. Still, the called-for yarn is Cotton Patine,. Never having used it, I don’t know what difference that would have made. The edging was fun to knit – but note, it takes LOTS of yarn. I used every inch of yarn in 10 balls of the main colour as well as one or two in the contrast colour.