Slouchy Beret 3

slouchy beret in bamboo
slouchy beret in bamboo

I wanted to make a summer version of this. After consultation with Sonia I went for bamboo, in this case a strand of Stella in chocolate brown with a strand of Cleckheaton in a variagated colourway.

slouchy beret in bamboo
slouchy beret in bamboo

I cast on 88 stitches, used 4mm for the ribbing and then increased via knitting into front and back of every 5th stitch. Next row I changed to 6.5 mm needles – I wanted something really soft, drapey – airy – for hot Adelaide summers.

I think it has worked.

Thanks to Eric for doing the modelling:

slouchy beret in bamboo
slouchy beret in bamboo

Not that it is finished yet. What won’t I do for a pompom. I have a professional Pompomier coming to dinner on Saturday night. I am trading chocolate mousse for the most magnificent pompom. Assurances have been given.

Slouchy Beret in bamboo
Slouchy Beret in bamboo

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s