I don’t know if I should hate this or not….but I’ve learned from it.
I really didn’t know how I was going to do the neck/shoulders. Having decided to cast off boob-tube style and add straps I changed to garter stitch for the last rows and went down in needle size from about 4 to 2.5. I hope this is enough to keep it from stretching too much, given garter stitch’s proclivities. We shall see!
As you can see from the pics I’ve made a hog’s dinner out of sewing on the straps.
The lace is taken from a pattern, the link to which I’ve forgotten but will add when I stumble across it.
The chosen colours are ones used by Jo Sharp for a table runner in one of her books: I love the combination.