There are many recipes available for this combination. I started with this from manella on allrecipes and made a couple of changes based on my available ingredients.
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 3 tblsp lemon juice
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed. I peeled them too.
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- fresh coriander leaves washed and chopped in lieu of parsley
- 2 teasp ground dhanna jeera mix 60% coriander 40% cumin in lieu of ground cumin
- spring onion, one white finely chopped
Thoroughly whisk all ingredients except the carrot and chickpeas, which are then added. Refrigerate until 30 minutes before serving.
Fabulous and the bit that was left over was great for b/f in the morning.
Served it with potato salad and a cold green beans dish. Worked really well as a combination.