I have a bag of brussel sprouts in the fridge and I’ve been wondering what to do with them. Looking around, a couple of points became immediately obvious.
The first is that whereas if you google most foods looking for recipes, you see a lot of Australian hits at the top, on the subject of sprouts we could not be more silent. That in itself I took as a grave warning.
The second is the way brussel sprouts get sold.
- These awesome recipes can convert anyone…
- Think you don’t like Brussel sprouts?
- Even the pickiest eater will love….
- Don’t want to eat your Brussels sprouts?
- Not keen on sprouts? Wait until you try them…..
- 4 blow-your-mind brussel sprouts recipes
- You won’t hear any protests….
- If you think you hate brussel sprouts….
- even the dubious will fall in love…
You don’t do that with other food groups, do you? Nobody starts the sell with the presumption that it’s going to be uphill all the way.
Basic fact is I’m scared of the darn things and I can’t see any way out.