Ingredients for two
- 2 teaspoons butter
- one shallot chopped
- two cloves garlic chopped
- a couple of good slugs of dry white wine
- a good sized zucchini chopped
- a couple of tablespoons pine nuts dry roasted to a light brown
- flat leafed parsley, perhaps one cup of leaves
- maybe half a cup or more of pouring cream
- chopped green rounds from spring onions
- chopped chives, maybe half a bunch
- parmesan grated for the table
While the pasta is cooking, in a medium saucepan fry the shallots and garlic in the butter until softened. Add the wine and boil until the alcohol is burned off. Add the zucchini and cook at a lively pace, saucepan covered, until the zucchini is soft. Add the cream, pine nuts and parsley. Puree. I continued to add parsley until there was a noticeable green fleck to the sauce.
Keep warm on a very low temperature, season with salt and pepper. When ready to serve, stir in the chives and spring onion rounds leaving a handful for decoration. Put drained spaghetti in bowls, add the sauce, mix thoroughly and then sprinkle the green rounds on top.
Parmesan and more pepper are required at the table.
I think when I try this again I will use at least double the zucchini and less cream. I would also like to try vodka rather than the wine, which I thought was a bit sweet. Not clear to me that the pine nuts added to this.